Applies to: Office 365 for professionals and small businesses, Office 365 for enterprises, Microsoft Exchange, Live@edu
Topic Last Modified: 2009-08-16
When you create a message, you can use message options to set an importance level on a message, use the Bcc line or the From line, or request a receipt.
To set message options, select Options on the toolbar of the message you're creating, and then select the options you want.
- Importance Sets the message importance to Low, Normal, or High.
- Sensitivity Sets the level of sensitivity to Normal, Personal, Private, or Confidential.
- Show Bcc Adds the Bcc line to the message form.
- Show From Adds the From line to the message form.
- Request a delivery receipt for this message When the message is delivered, you'll get a delivery receipt.
- Request a read receipt for this message When the message is marked as read, you'll get a read receipt.
What else do I need to know?
The Sensitivity setting is information only. If you select any setting other than normal, the recipient will see a note on the message advising them of the setting. This is advisory only. It doesn't affect the message behavior in any way.
Some e-mail programs let recipients not respond to read receipts.
Read receipts tell you only that the message was marked as Read, but aren't a guarantee that the recipient read the message.
You can set more message options by clicking Options at the top of the Outlook Web App page, and then clicking Settings > Mail. For more information, see Mail Tab.
What if I want to know more?