Applies to: Office 365 for enterprises
Topic Last Modified: 2010-11-05
Unified Messaging (UM) combines users' voice messaging and e-mail messaging into one mailbox that can be accessed from many different devices. Users can listen to their messages from their e-mail Inbox or by using Outlook Voice Access from any telephone. You have control over how users place outgoing calls from UM, and the experience people have when they call in to your organization.
The following information will help you set up, configure, and maintain a cloud-based deployment of UM in your organization:
- Set Up Unified Messaging Learn what you need to know to get started.
- Manage Outdialing Set up rules that manage what numbers can be called through UM and how the numbers are formatted before they're sent to your physical telephone system (PBX) for outgoing calls.
- Manage Unified Messaging Mailboxes Manage your users' access to UM, including telephone extensions, PIN settings, and the policy that manages what they can do in UM.
- Set Up and Manage a Unified Messaging Auto Attendant Set up and manage a telephone answering system using auto attendants.
- Run Reports about Unified Messaging Calls Get information about the calls forwarded to or placed by UM.
Want to deploy UM both on-premises and in the cloud? See Set Up Unified Messaging in a Hybrid Deployment.